Timber Sale Contract
1. Agreement entered into this (Date)
__________________ Between __________________
of __________________ herein after called the seller, and __________________
of _______________________ herein after called the buyer.
2. The seller, having the right to sell,
agrees to sell the buyer, who agrees to buy a Timber Sale
on land located in the _____________ of section _____________ township _____________
range __________________, __________________ county, state of Michigan upon the
conditions herein after stated.
3. Seller represents that he owns title to
the Premises and authorizes Buyer and Buyer's employees to
enter upon the premises to perform the Logging operation.
4. Cutting Specifications
5. Method of Payment
6. The Seller is free from responsibility
for any injury, Death, or Property damage caused by the buyer's
logging operation during the tenure of this agreement.
7. It is Understood by both parties that the
Buyer is an independent contractor, not an employee of the
seller, and the buyer certifies compliance with Michigan Workman's Compensation Act.
8. Any Modification or amendments to this contract must be Written, Dated and Signed.
9. This agreement will be in effect from
__________________, to __________________.
Signature Date Signature Date
Witness Signature Date
(Backside of sample contract)
1. Trees cut that were not designated for cutting
within this contract will constitute a timber trespass and
double stumpage will be charged.
2. The buyer has the right of access onto the
sellers land for harvesting purposes. If the buyer has to
cross a third parties property to enter the seller's land the buyer must clear right of access with the third
3. The location of all roads, landings and decking
areas must be agreed upon by the buyer and seller before
4. The seller has the right to inspect the sale area at any time.
5. The buyer and his employees shall exercise care at all times against doing damage to the residual trees.
6. Trees may not be left hanging on other trees.
7. Rutted roads and landings will be smoothed at conclusion of contract.
Click Here To Return To Timberbuyer.Net